Wednesday, February 4, 2015


A New Venue
 
“If you start to take Vienna – take Vienna!!”
Napoleon Bonaparte – on keeping focused on a goal, applying overwhelming force, and not getting distracted.
 

I'd like to announce that I've been blessed with another way to share the message of this ministry. I'm now affiliated with CURE Magazine, a world wide publication found in every oncologist's office. They have asked me to share my transplant experience through a blog on their site. I am extremely honored to be part of their impressive cast of contributors.

I will share a more personal story here, on this site, while posting on the CURE site a more formal view of events, along with the kind of information and advice I share here.

To bring up a rather sensitive subject, many of you have asked about the need for fund raising to help me defray expenses not covered by my (very generous) company medical benefit. The CURE opportunity helps me resolve my reluctance to accept help, when so many others have such greater need, due to their poor or non-existent medical coverage. My blog is a paid position, with reimbursement based on the number of page views. If you would kindly share the link to that blog with family, friends, and via social media, it will accomplish two mutually beneficial goals. First, helping me spread the word that cancer can be beaten, with dignity and humor, and through being an informed patient. Second, it will help us with lodging and travel expenses, which are manageable but not trivial.

My first post on CURE's website should be up in a day or so. I encourage you to visit and share.

Kevin's CURE blog

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment