Monday, April 13, 2015

Early Release?
“If you start to take Vienna – take Vienna!!”
Napoleon Bonaparte – on keeping focused on a goal, applying overwhelming force, and not getting distracted.
 

Please check out my formal journal at CURE Magazine, a world wide publication found in every oncologist's office. They have asked me to share my transplant experience. I also encourage you to read this post: How My Cancer Might Save Your Life. It's a quick read, and if you pay close attention, you'll be a different person afterwards. 100% guaranteed, or triple your money back.



April 13, 2015  Day +53

 This will be just a quick update, since a lot of my news is on today's Cure post, Riding the Emotional Roller Coaster.

I'm feeling great. Less fatigue every day, some days I skip the nap. Appetite is great, I'm eating everything except vegetables, which are my next challenge. Since the Easter Saturday incident with the site of my former central line, I've only had to call the clinic once, for a minor skin rash that everyone is sure isn't GvH related. But we watch it closely, none the less.

I'm down to labs and doctor visit once a week, on Thursday afternoons. Last week, he totally surprised us. The week before, he'd said I might be able to go home a little early. Last week, he said he'd probably release me in two weeks! (April 23). That's a full month early. I'd see him every two weeks, alternating with my local oncologist so I'm still seen weekly by someone. Then, in mid May, I come back for a 3 day, +90 marathon that I'd have normally had spread over a week or two, was I still living in Tampa. All this, of course, hinges on no problems surfacing in the next week and a half.

I got my first weekend at home last Friday - Sunday. What a great treat that was. I feel like I healed a month's worth in that three days. Spent time with some of the family, went to our favorite restaurants, slept in my own bed, and after 60 straight days of showers, had a tub bath. It's amazing how important those little things are. Also had a nice visit from Ernie Wu, a truly great and caring man. In the past two years, I've learned a lot from him about how to treat other people with the significance they deserve, and it was a real treat to spend a little time with him.

Then it was back to Hope Lodge, to find out both A/C and refrigerators were on the blink. We've survived, and A/C is back on tonight.

Given where I am, and who I see every day, and especially given the sad events of last week, (see Cure post), I feel truly blessed to have made it this far with such great results. I'm walking between 1.5 and 2 miles a day, eating well, enjoying my time with Sandy, and can feel myself getting better every day. I thank God every night for each of you who are supporting me so graciously, and I treasure the various communications I get from so many of you.
.




1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear of your progress. I'm keeping you in my thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete